What’s happening in NB. Check out our Coaches Roadshow
Friday, September 1st, 2023: 6:00-8:00PM
Friday, September 8th, 2023: 6:00-8:00PM
Friday, September 15th, 2023: 6:00-8:00PM
Tuesday, September 19th, 2023: 7:00-8:30PM
Atlantic NCW Webinar with our friends CSI Atlantic, Sport PEI, Coach NS and Sport NL. Special Guest: Dr. Mustafa Sarkar. Dr. Sarkar is an associate professor at Nottingham Trent University, whose work addresses how high achievers thrive on pressure and deliver sustained success and well-being, with a particular focus on resilience (at individual, team, and organizational levels) and psychological safety.
The learning objectives of this session are threefold: to provide clarity about what resilience is (and is not), to discuss the role of a facilitative (high challenge high support) environment in developing resilience and what it might ‘look like’ in various sporting contexts, and to answer any questions that coaches have about developing resilience in sport. Practical, evidence-based resources will be shared with attendees. Register here via the Locker
Wednesday, September 20th, 2023: 6:00-8:00PM
Thursday, September 21st 2023
Wednesday, September 27th, 2023: 6:00-8:00PM
Promote FREE NCCP education
Throughout National Coaches Week, coaches have the valuable opportunity to enrich their coaching acumen through complimentary NCCP (National Coaching Certification Program) education. To access these modules for free, you must start the module on the date indicated below:
- September 18: NCCP Coach Initiation in Sport
- September 19: NCCP Creating a Positive Sport Environment
- September 20: NCCP Sport Nutrition
- September 21: NCCP Coaching Athletes with a Disability
- September 22: NCCP Leading Drug Free Sport
Feel free to explore our well-received all-time free eLearning modules, including:
- NCCP Making Head Way
- NCCP Emergency Action Plan
- Support Through Sport series
- Mental Health in Sport – now available in 10 languages
5 Ways You Can Take Part
- Explore the Participation Guide: The National Coaches Week Participation Guide contains everything you need to make National Coaches Week a success for your coach, team, and organization. Check out the Marketing Toolkit.
- Enjoy FREE or discounted NCCP education: During National Coaches Week, coaches can diversify their coaching knowledge with free or discounted NCCP education. Connect with us @CoachNB, or National Sport Organization to learn more about their National Coaches Week events, or log into the Locker to access specific eLearning modules for free from September 16 – 24, 2023.
- Say #ThanksCoach on social media: Follow National Coaches Week on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram using #CoachesWeek and #ThanksCoach. You can also use the National Coaches Week Facebook profile frame throughout the week to show your support.
- Join a community event: Organize a community event to say #ThanksCoach, or join one taking place in your province or territory. Submit your event to the new National Coaches Week Event Calendar or use it to find an event near you!
- Say ‘Thanks, Coach’ with a National Coaches Week Gift: CONTEST COMMING SOON…….
In addition to using the #ThanksCoach hashtag online during National Coaches Week, we encourage all athletes, participants, parents and friends to say ‘Thanks, Coach!’ in real life too – all year round!
Check out What’s happening