Overview of the Program
VIP Mentor is a coaching program created to recognize the contribution of coaches in communities across New Brunswick. VIP Mentor is not a certification or requirement, but rather a proactive opportunity for coaches to mentor, while continuing to excel in ethical leadership.
This program is designed to raise the bar for what it means to be a mentor coach in New Brunswick. VIP Mentors are supported and part of a broader community who are leading the way, creating a positive impact on the lives of everyone in our province and communities, all while also impacting the experience of a mentee coach!
TIME FRAME: 1 yr – possibility of a 2nd year engagement!
WHY BE A VIP MENTOR
- Opportunities to connect with a variety of coaches across New Brunswick
- Opportunity to mentor a coach in your community or in the province
- Up to six FREE Professional Development opportunities and resources
- Bi-Monthly social gatherings with VIP Mentors and the Women Mentorship Program (online or in person)
- Up to $500 towards NCCP courses and/or coaching professional development of your choice
- Clothing Kit (worth over $100)
- Discounted price for the Atlantic Coaches Conference
Must have (or willing to get in the next 6 months):
- Sign Coaching Association of Canada Code of Conduct
- Trained or Certified to coach the level of sport.
- Obtain three Professional Development points within the past 12months (or committed to attending six in the next 12 months)
- Complete CAC Safe Sport Training
- Complete Commit to Kids or CAC Mental Health in Sport
- Complete Making Ethical Decisions
- Complete NCCP Making Head Way
- Complete NCCP Mentorship Module
- Submit a Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Check
Must be committed to:
- Commit to monthly meeting with their mentee
- Commit to attending 2 of 3 Professional Development Sessions
- Commit to attending 3 of 4 bi-monthly group chats
- Submit an evaluation every 6 months