The Provincial Territorial and Coaching Representatives (PTCRs) and the Coaching Association of Canada (CAC) invite Canadians to join us in the celebrating of National Coaches Week from September 17-25th, 2022. National Coaches Week is a week to celebrate the tremendous positive impact coaches have on athletes and communities across Canada. This week is an opportunity to recognize coaches for the integral role they play by simply saying #ThanksCoach.
Don’t know where to get started? Don’t worry! There are lots of ways you can participate. CLICK HERE to get started!
September 17th 2022
September 19th 2022
Discussion for a healthy sport culture with Alfredo Munoz of Sport Law
Coaches, please join us for a real exchange on the integration of providing a safe environment. You as a coach play a significant role within our community, Join Alfredo as he guides us through preventative measures within discrimination in sport, risk management while navigating policies as a coach, community leader.
September 20th & 21st 2022
A panel of Canada Summer Games athletes and coaches discussing their experiences and sharing their stories of perseverance and adjustments due to the postponement of the CSG.
September 22nd 2022
5 Ways You Can Take Part
- Explore the Participation Guide: The National Coaches Week Participation Guide contains everything you need to make National Coaches Week a success for your coach, team, and organization.
- Enjoy FREE or discounted NCCP education: During National Coaches Week, coaches can diversify their coaching knowledge with free or discounted NCCP education. Connect with us @CoachNB, or National Sport Organization to learn more about their National Coaches Week events, or log into the Locker to access specific eLearning modules for free from September 17 – 25, 2022.
- Say #ThanksCoach on social media: Follow National Coaches Week on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram using #CoachesWeek and #ThanksCoach. You can also use the National Coaches Week Facebook profile frame throughout the week to show your support.
- Join a community event: Organize a community event to say #ThanksCoach, or join one taking place in your province or territory. Submit your event to the new National Coaches Week Event Calendar or use it to find an event near you!
- Say ‘Thanks, Coach’ with a National Coaches Week Gift: CONTEST COMMING SOON…….
In addition to using the #ThanksCoach hashtag online during National Coaches Week, we encourage all athletes, participants, parents and friends to say ‘Thanks, Coach!’ in real life too – all year round!
Check out What’s happening