The Beyond Coaching Conference caters by providing coaches with the tools and opportunities. The conference took place on Friday evening (September 23rd) and continued Saturday (September 24th) at the Crossman Community Centre Kay Arena located in Moncton. These dates have been chosen specifically during National Coaches Week – a week dedicated to celebrating the positive impact coaches have on athletes and communities across Canada. If you missed the 2016 Beyond Coaching Conference, see below for the full weekend recap:
Please click here for a recap of the best moments of this year’s Conference through pictures! (Pictures by Jill Trentowsky)
Friday night kicked off with our Opening Keynote Dr. Jane Thorton, who took her first strokes in high school at the Fredericton Rowing Club. Jane was a member of the National team from 2001 to 2011, medaling at multiple World Championships, the World Cup, and stroking the Women’s Eight at the 2008 Beijing Olympics. Lighten the Fire within was an inspiring session on key elements coaches impact. WORDS coaches say influence outcomes, build dreams, and set us along a certain pathway.
- Strategies on fighting Coach Burn out with David Scott.
- Coach NB Annual General Meeting took place, celebrated the outgoing Board of Directors and welcoming the 2016-2017 Board of Directors
- Friend, Mentor Coach: Building Relationships Coach and Performance Athlete with Olympian Louis Fortin, Monika Cormier, Pierre Arsenault
- End the Trend, know your rights with Kathy Hare from Sport Law Strategy Group
- Coaches Week Celebration Luncheon with Moncton-East MLA Monique LeBlanc
- Coaching Beyond the Classroom with Jason Reindl
- Team Work Makes the Dream Work with Barry Morrison
The Closing Keynote Speaker; Karl Subban, father of Montreal Canadiens’ defenceman and NHL super star PK Subban, spoke to a full crowd about Unlocking Potential. In his thirty years of coaching, teaching, parenting, and leading, Karl Subban has learned how to inspire people. “Your greatest gift is your potential,” he often says, “and your greatest gift to the world is the development of that potential.
THANK YOU TO OUR CONFERENCE SPONSORS:
THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONFERENCE DONATION: