Coach NB Women and Girls Mentorship Program is a key initiative dedicated at increasing the number of confident and competent women and girl coaches in this province. Equitable representation of gender in leadership roles is beneficial to both women/girl and men/boys. However, there are a variety of intrapersonal, interpersonal, environmental and policy-related barriers limiting the participation of women and girls in sport and recreation. These barriers do not change with age, in turn hinder the development of excellence in sport. The New Brunswick Women and Girls Mentorship Program is about working with passionate women and girls’ mentee coaches and passionate, knowledgeable mentor coaches from across New Brunswick that are coaching in divers’ contexts, bringing them into a support system where they can learn, develop, and build meaningful relationships. Through a Community of Practice mentees and mentors will be able to connect in meaningful ways via an online platform to share their success while also sharing solutions to issues they may be struggling with. The New Brunswick Mentorship Program is about building a lasting community amongst our New Brunswick coaches where they can access, share, and enhance their coaching toolkits.
- Create a mentorship program for women and girls’ coaches in New Brunswick through meaningful mentee / mentor pairings.
- Provide an online community of practice for mentees coaches to build and enhance their toolkits
- Provide female coaches from a range of sport with the opportunity to learn from knowledgeable coaches across the province.
- Enhance the coaching pool of New Brunswick coaches that are qualified and have the tools to coach at their desired level be it from grassroots to competition development.
- Engage community clubs, PSOs and university or college athletics to invest in the future of women and girls’ coaches.
- Create relationships between and amongst coaches that are lasting and supportive – in turn creating a legacy program that is sustainable and has the ability to grow each year.
- Must self-identify as a women or girl (inclusive of gender non-binary and transgender women).
- Must hold permanent residence in New Brunswick.
- Must have support from the Coach’s community sport organization and / or PSO.
- Must have a minimum of 1-year (season) coaching experience.
- Individual (regardless of gender identity) that is passionate about advancing women and girls in coaching.
- Minimum of 5-years coaching experience (or equivalent experience) – Retired coaches are welcome and encouraged to apply.
- Completed some form of NCCP training, with preference given to Competition – Introduction Certified status and / or Competition Development Trained status;
- Hold permanent residence in New Brunswick.
Application is now open for 2021-2022
To apply, please submit a letter of interest/intent with relevant coach/athletic resumé. (Coach NB staff will be contacting the organization/PSO where you coach).
For more information, please contact:
Women & Girls Project Manager
(506) 444-3888 ext. 3