Coach NB Women to Watch Grant Program
Coach NB is dedicated at decreasing barriers that may result in impact women in their ability to reach their full coaching education goals. The Coach NB Women to Watch Grant Program is a key initiative that will provide financial assistance to women coaches looking to advance in their coaching pathway.
Grants will be awarded to women coaches in the Province of New Brunswick to assist them in further developing the skills necessary to attain a higher level of coaching or increased level of coaching experience. The grant aims at helping to offset cost associated with their coach development (i.e., course/event fees, travel, childcare…).
The grants applications will be accessed bi-annually with a maximum of $1500 being disbursed per fiscal year (max $500/recipient). The grant will remain open throughout the year closing on February 15th until the start of the next fiscal (April 1st).
Deadline – February 15th, 2020
Grant Application Guidelines:
- Name, Address, telephone numbers, and email address
- Sport, NCCP #, and current level of certification (provide copy of NCCP transcript)
- Current coaching position, name and address of coaching employer
- Non-NCCP Coaching education, courses, clinics attended
- Major relevant achievement
Proposed Learning Objectives
- Identify the learning objectives and outcomes related to your participation in the activity(s) to be supported through this grant program
- Indicate how the proposed activity will provide a valuable coaching education experience and will contribute to your career path in coaching.
- List specific details of the activity(s) to be supported through this grant program (by name, date, and location)
- Identify the role you will play during the activity (head coach, assistant coach, observer, student, etc.)
- Indicate who will supervise/mentor/facilitate/instruct the activity and their qualifications (when applicable)
- Include a detailed budget listing all expenses related to your participation in these events (travel, course fees, childcare…)
Letter of Support
- Your application must include a support letter from your local organization, Provincial or National Sport Organization supporting your path pursuit and your involvement in the National or Provincial Program as a coach.
**Applications with support letters from Provincial or National level Sport Organizations may be given priority. Coach NB may make contact with your Provincial Sport Organization, upon reception of your application.
Amount of Support
- Up to $500 is available through this grant program
- Coaches are only eligible to apply for and receive one grant within a fiscal year (April – March)
- Applications will be accepted throughout the year, with the final acceptance being February 15th for each fiscal year.
Follow up Procedures
Within 60 days of the completion of the activity the grant recipient must submit a written follow up report to the Women and Girls Project Manager. The report must contain the following information:
- Details of the activity you participated in (when, where, who, etc.)
- How this experience contributed to the learning objectives you outlined in your original application. Any successes, challenges, and recommendations should also be included.
- An article that could be included in a Coach NB newsletter or the Coach NB Women to Watch Grant Program webpage.
- A financial report detailing all expenditures relevant to your participation in the event.
Promotion of Women to Watch Grant Program
As a recipient of a Women to Watch Grant, you may be asked to supply a photo and a detailed report of your learning activities for publication or promotion purposes or to speak to other female coaches about your experience.
Forward your application to:
Women and Girls Project Manager
503 Queen Street
Fredericton, NB E3B 1B7
Phone: 506.444.3888 ext. 3
**All application material is to be submitted as a PDF document
For further information contact our Women and Girls Project Manager.